Grilled Veggie Burger with Pesto
550 g CO2 (-66%1)
Summertime means barbecue. With this grilled vegetable burger we show that you can conjure up a delicious meal with hearty grill flavour without any meat involved. The basil pesto gives the burger a creamy and spicy base, and thanks to the dried tomatoes you have the power of the Mediterranean sun with you.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|4Tbsp (60ml)||Canola Oil|
|1 small||Garlic clove|
|200g||White, airy bread|
Percent Daily Value (DV)
1. Roast the pine nuts in a frying pan at medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
2. Using a power mixer, combine the parmesan, basil, 2 Tbsp canola oil, 4 Tbsp water, crushed garlic clove and roasted pine nuts into a pesto. Season with salt to taste.
3. Cut the peppers into 1cm strips, the zucchini into 0.5cm strips and the eggplant into 0.5cm slices. Mix the cut vegetables with 2 Tbsp of canola oil* and a little salt in a bowl. *For even more taste, you can use the oil the dried tomatoes are marinated in.
4. On the BBQ, grill the vegetables for about 10-15 minutes at medium to high heat until beautiful golden char marks appear, turn once to get both sides. If desired, keep the peppers on a little longer. A frying pan or roasting pan can also be used in lieu of a BBQ.
5. Cut bread into thin slices (thin as on photo). Toast on one side, and build the sandwich by covering the un-toasted sides with pesto, grilled vegetables and chopped dried tomatoes. Serve.
- in comparison to the average conventional meal: https://eaternity.org/meals/