Sign up for our climate newsletter
Receive monthly updates on climate related topics and myblueplanet.
561g CO2 (-65%1)
Lemon, cumin, good olive oil and fresh herbs are essential ingredients in Moroccan cuisine and guarantee an exceptional taste experience. Using various small dishes, this recipe allows you to experience these flavours in a variety of ways. Though preparation may appear daunting, it should not take more than 30 minutes to prepare, and the outcome not only benefits the climate but appears impressive for a morning brunch or a light evening meal. Besaha!
|2 Large (~260g)||Tomatoes, diced|
|1/2 Cup (125ml)||Yogurt, plain|
|250g||White bread or pita|
|2tsp (5g)||Cumin, ground|
|4Tbsp (60ml)||Olive Oil|
|To Taste||Salt & Pepper|
Percent Daily Value (DV)
1. Juice the lemon, and set aside.
2. Hummus: – Chickpeas with half the draining liquid – Half of the coriander – 2 Tbsp lemon juice – 2 Tbsp olive oil – 1 Tsp cumin seed – Salt to taste Mix everything well in a mixer until smooth, and put into a bowl.
3. Tomato Cucumber Salad: – Tomatoes and cucumbers, roughly diced – The other half of the coriander, chopped – 2 Tbsp lemon juice – 2 Tbsp olive oil – 1 Tsp cumin seed – Salt to taste Toss everything together in a small bowl.
4. Yogurt Dip: – Yogurt – Minced peppermint – 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice – Salt and pepper to taste Mix everything together in a small bowl.
5. Slice up bread into dip size pieces.
6. Serve the three dishes with bread, and a side of olives.