Wild Garlic Orzotto
460 g CO2 (-71%1)
As soon as wild garlic is available, it is an unmistakable sign that the days are getting longer and warmer again. With this recipe, you can celebrate the beginning of spring in your own kitchen. Wild garlic is the star of this orzotto and gives it a wonderful flavour. This recipe relies on goat cheese instead of parmesan, as its mild and creamy taste harmonizes perfectly with the wild garlic.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|1 (ca. 50g)||small onion|
|1tbsp (1.5cl)||rape seed oil|
|10g (1/2 cube)||vegetable stock|
|50g||soft goat cheese|
Percent Daily Value (DV)
1. Heat up oil and butter in a pan. Once hot, add chopped onion and stir until softened and slightly browned.
2. Add the pearl barley and fry for a minute while stirring. Deglaze with the wine and cook on medium heat until the liquid has evaporated.
3. Add the vegetable stock dissolved in 5dl hot water gradually so that the barley is always slightly covered by liquid. Keep stirring regularly.
4. While the barley cooks, mix half of the wild garlic, half of the cheese and 4 tbsp of water in a blender or food processor. Cut the rest of the wild garlic and cheese into small pieces to make a topping. Put to the side.
5. As soon as the barley is firm to the bite (after about 30 min), add the cheese-garlic mixture and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Portion the wild garlic orzotto on dishes and garnish with the cheese and garlic topping. Serve immediately.
- in comparison to the average conventional meal: https://eaternity.org/meals/